“Anti-Corruption Studies” master’s program
created by ACREC and NaUKMA Department of Political Science
“Anti-corruption studies” is a unique master’s program for gaining knowledge and obtaining an educational level in the fields of political science, law, economics and sociology!
Why “Anticorruption Studies”?
- Educational courses in different fields within one program;
- Educational process with the use of innovative teaching techniques;
- Courses taught by the best domestic and foreign theorists and practitioners in the field of anti-corruption, as well as well-known politicians and public figures;
- Modulу-based learning system – you do not need to attend lectures every day and can easily combine your studies with work;
- Many optional courses for every taste, as well as courses in English.
Innovative technologies are used in the educational process. Students take part in lectures and seminars, colloquiums and role-playing games, modelling investigative activities. NABU detectives, investigating judges, partners of leading law firms, as well as foreign experts are involved in teaching.
Students will receive a unique opportunity to study the inner workings and undertake internships in the institutions of central and local government, international and non-governmental organizations, where they will acquire practical skills in the field of anti-corruption activities.
As a result
Graduates will acquire the skills necessary for conducting professional practice-oriented research and teaching activities, in particular, the following skills:
- Ability to develop effective anti-corruption tools;
- Ability to create anti-corruption programs;
- Detection of the conflict of interest;
- Ability to provide anti-corruption expertise;
- Detection of corruption risks and offences;
- Search information in databases;
- Preparation of anti-corruption strategy.
Education level: enrollment of the applicant for the program is based on the obtained Bachelor’s or Master’s level of higher education and according to the results of the External Independent Assessment test (Foreign Language) and the entrance exam (political science).
The program of professional and additional professional entrance exams.
Entrance exams schedule will be posted on https://vstup.ukma.edu.ua/
- English language;
- Corruption, public policy and society;
- Legal framework and institutional mechanisms for the prevention of corruption;
- Best practices of combating corruption: the experience of other countries;
- Research on corruption methodology;
- Information search in databases;
- Anti-corruption compliance;
- Anti-corruption expertise;
- Institutional mechanisms for preventing corruption in partisan and electoral activities: the experience of the EU;
- Social inequality and corruption;
- Quantitative methods in corruption studies;
- Qualitative methods in corruption studies;
- Political science: theoretical and applied aspects;
- Academic integrity;
- Freedom of information and access to public information;
- Preparation of analytical documents;
- Anti-corruption campaigns of civic organizations;
- Communications strategies in the field of combating corruption.
- Recovery of illegally obtained assets;
- Disclosure and prevention of corruption in public procurement;
- Investigation of corruption offences;
- Qualification of corruption offences;
- Rule of law and public administration;
- Principles of journalistic investigations;
- Economic policy and governance analysis;
- Economic and political aspects of policy analysis;
- Public finances;
- Electronic multilevel governance and E-democracy;
- Political psychology and imageology;
- Influence of civic organizations on anti-corruption reforms;
- Basics of network analysis;
- Economics and finances of budgetary institutions and non-profit non-governmental organizations;
- Problems of property rights protection;
- Interaction of the state, business and civil society;
- Behavioural economy as a method of researching corruption;