The Anti-Corruption Research and Education Center (ACREC) announces competition for participation in a comprehensive training program:
“Anti-Corruption Toolkit for an Activist” for activists and law students.
“Anti-Corruption Toolkit for an Activist” — is a comprehensive anti-corruption educational program that involves modular training for activists from Eastern Ukraine. The program provides for a systemic and periodic approach with the elements of mentoring, teambuilding and networking.
The program is composed of 3 modules (each module takes two days to complete) and a final conference.
Timing of the training modules: March 24-25, May 26-27, July 14-15, 2018
The training program includes:
The first stage of the training is designed to provide the following knowledge and practical skills to the students:
1) The essence and economic consequences of corruption;
2) The application of new anti-corruption legislation;
3) How to identify corruption risks?;
4) How to search and collect information in databases?;
5) How to identify a conflict of interests? When it becomes a corruption offense?;
6) How to apply the anti-corruption tools effectively?;
7) How to combat corruption in the field of public procurements?;
8) How to protect yourself / whistle-blowers /;
The first stage additionally includes a number of activities to build the teams of 4-5 people, who shall be implementing the joint anti-corruption project during the next stages of training.
The first stage of the training is designed to teach the activists on how to prepare a qualitative analytics (analytical report) based on the results of monitoring. The students are provided with the following knowledge:
4. How to draft a logically structured analytical report;
5. How to apply a qualitative/quantitative method, conduct an interview / experiment or use a combination of them;
6. How to present ideas with clear and reasoned recommendations on paper.
The final stage is designed to teach on how to conduct effective advocacy campaigns on combating corruption and provides the students with the following knowledge:
1. How to plan, organize and run an effective advocacy;
2. What advocacy tools should be used and when;
3. How to effectively communicate with media, build coalitions, etc.
The program ends with the final conference in early August. All participants are welcomed to brief on their anti-corruption projects that were developed in the process of training.
To participate in competitive selection, please:
1. Fill in the form;
2. Send a motivation letter (300-300 words) or video (duration: up to 3 minutes, MPEG-4) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 10 March 2018, 23:59 (Kyiv local time).
The candidates shall be informed on results of competitive selection by the organizers on: 13 March 2018
This training program is cost-free.
The organizers are providing all participants with accommodation and food (coffee-breaks and lunch).
The training program “Anti-Corruption Toolkit for an Activist” is launched in the frames of the USAID’s Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement, which is represented by Pact Inc in Ukraine. The contents of the training program is the sole responsibility of the Pact Inc. and its partners and does not necessarily reflect the views of the USAID or the United States Government.