The School of Anti-Corruption Tour Guides is a unique training program for future agents of change in the field of anti-corruption in Ukraine who would like to test themselves as guides to anti-corruption tours within the Kyiv Anti-Corruption Tours project from the ACREC think tank.
The key goal of the School of Guides is to combine knowledge in the field of (anti-) corruption with leadership and storytelling skills to educate a new generation of young activists and experts who would like to embody themselves in non-formal education and innovative anti-corruption projects.
The school of guides will consist of two parts. The first module will focus on the theory of corruption and the practice of developing anti-corruption tours; the second module - theories of anti-corruption and practice in public speaking and presentation of tours.
The previous program of the School of Guides can be found here:
Module 1 Theory - corruption. Practice - designing of tours.
- Introduction: acquaintance with the participants, presentation of the ACREC think tank and the Anti-Corruption Walks Kyiv project
- The role of hidden assumptions in identifying and combating corruption.
- Presentation of the anti-corruption tour in Mariinsky Park in Kyiv
- The system and mechanisms of higher political corruption in the state.
- Practical lesson: identification of the corruption component of the substantiation and analysis of the mechanisms of corruption on the example of cases
- Legal bases of access to information and legal risks of communication about corruption
- Practical lesson: Search and verification of information
- Overview of the main mechanisms of corruption and anti-corruption
- Presentation of a template for independent development of anti-corruption tour stations
- The public against corruption: opportunities and obstacles
- Ukrainian and international anti-corruption institutions
Module 2. Theory - Anticorruption. Practice - presentation of tours
- Domestic (anti-) corruption and perceptions of corruption: Features at the national and regional levels
- Ethics and preservation of the private sphere.
- Storytelling technique.
- Storytelling technique in the context of regional features.
- Anti-corruption tools for citizens: The role of transparency, citizen involvement, public scrutiny and audit
- Practical lesson: To develop proposals on anti-corruption for individual citizens on cases
- Rhetoric workshop. Test on the theoretical part of the School of Guides.
- Presentation of own station by participants of the School.
- Feedback to the presentation of stations. General and individual analysis of presentations
- Summing up. Discussion of future steps and tasks
The school of guides is aimed at students, graduates, young professionals, experts, and public figures who are professionally or interested in the topic of corruption and the fight against it, and are motivated to make their efforts to minimize corruption and bring the anti-corruption movement in Ukraine to a new level.
So, we are waiting for everyone who:
- Applies for the title and position of Kyiv Anti-Corruption Tour Guide and is ready to devote at least 8 hours per week to the Project;
- Is a student or graduate in the field of humanities (preference will be given to students of political science, law, journalism, sociology, and economics);
- Has basic knowledge of corruption and anti-corruption in Ukraine;
- Speaks English at a level not lower than B2;
- Has the motivation to engage in educational work in the field of (anti-) corruption.