The Anti-Corruption Research and Education Center in Ukraine (ACREC) of the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy announces competition for participation in a summer intensive course on “Investigating corrupt practices”.
Continued in English.
“Investigating and Prosecuting Corruption”
July 16-22, 2017
On July 16-22, 2017, the Anti-Corruption Research and Educational Center of the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy (ACREC), in collaboration with the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, will conduct the “Investigating and Prosecuting Corruption” Summer School in Bukovel, Ivano-Frankivska Oblast. The purpose of the Summer School is to support the specialized training of 40 law students in the area of corruption-related crimes.
The daily sessions will be interactive and include briefings, workshops, discussions, and mock trials. U.S. and Ukrainian detectives, analysts, prosecutors, lawyers, and judges, who have a significant experience in investigation and prosecution of corruption, will lead these activities.
Accommodations, food, and program materials will be covered by organizers. Participants will be responsible for arranging their transportation to the venue.
The working language of the “Investigating and Prosecuting Corruption” Summer School is English.
Using a real criminal case as the basis for the training, the participants will learn about:
- international standards and Ukrainian legislation pertaining to investigating and prosecuting corruption;
- qualification of criminal offenses;
- starting and developing investigations;
- gathering and using evidence;
- conducting interviews;
- presenting and supporting the case in court.
- Law students 3rd and 4th year undergraduates, LLM students, law graduates, and lawyers of NGOs
- Fluent in English and have been tested at the B2 level (Upper-Intermediate).
HOW TO APPLY
Participants should fill in and submit
- The application form
- A copy of his/her resume
- A motivation letter/video to firstname.lastname@example.org
A motivation letter (300-500 words) or video (length: 1 minute, MPEG-4, a link to file share should be submitted with password if there is any) should address both of the following questions:
- What should National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine/Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office of Ukraine focus in order to effectively investigate and prosecute corruption in Ukraine?
- What do you seek to gain by attending this training?
- Why does this training interest you?
The deadline is June 1, 2017.
Early applications are welcome. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
All documents must be submitted in English.
All selected participants will be notified by June 16, 2017, via email.
For more information, please contact Oksana Nesterenko at email@example.com