ACREC Summer Intensive is an annual concentrated training course aimed at improving the quality of Ukrainian research and analysis in the field of anti-corruption.
This is the III Summer Intensive “How to Research Corruption. Analytics that impacts anti-corruption policy” This year’s course was designed specifically for participants in the ACREC Mentoring Support Program “Capacity Building of Regional / Local Anti-Corruption NGOs in Ukraine”.
As part of the Intensive 2020, 35 participants from more than 15 regions of Ukraine will take part in the training course. Participants will be divided into two groups for more effective working on material and interaction with lecturers.
This year’s Intensive curriculum is based on practical cases as concentrated theory needed to create quality analytics. Having mastered theories and interdisciplinary methods of corruption research, Intensive participants will try to put knowledge into practice and prepare their analytical work.
Intensive encourages participants to develop and discuss their topics of analytical articles, policy papers, essays, research, master’s and doctoral theses.
During the Intensive, participants will learn:
- How to find the strengths and weaknesses of certain scientific approaches and methods to understanding corruption; constructively criticize theories and methods, as well as receive and respond to criticism;
- How to design your research in the field of anti-corruption;
- How to effectively communicate and advocate for your analytical product.
As a result of the Intensive, participants will be able to:
- Confidently operate with theories and modern methods of corruption research;
- Work effectively with scientific literature;
- Confidently use the skills of writing analytical texts in practice.
The intensive is funded by Open Society Foundations and The MATRA Program