“Anticorruption Activist Toolkit” is a comprehensive anti-corruption educational program that involves modular training for activists and law students from the Eastern regions of Ukraine. The program provides a systemic, periodic knowledge base with the elements of mentoring, teambuilding and networking.
The training program consists of 3 modules (each module lasts for two days) and the final conference.
Time of 3 training modules: March 24-25, May 26-27, July 14-15, 2018
The training program includes:
The purpose of the first stage of training involves the acquisition of knowledge and practical skills by participants:
1) On the essence, economic consequences of corruption;
2) On the application of new anti-corruption legislation;
3) How to identify corruption risks;
4) How to search and collect information in databases;
5) How to identify a conflict of interest and when a conflict of interest becomes a corrupt offense;
6) How to effectively apply anti-corruption tools;
7) How to counteract corruption in the field of public procurement;
8) How to protect yourself / protect those who were exposed / from corruption
Also, the first phase of training will be complemented by activities for the formation of teams of 4-5 people who will jointly implement an anti-corruption project during all stages of training.
The purpose of the second module is to train activists, as based on the monitoring carried out, to prepare a qualitative analysis (analytical document). In particular, participants will get the knowledge of:
1. How to develop a structured, logically constructed analytical document;
2. How to apply qualitative, quantitative method, interview, experiment and mixed methods;
3. How to present ideas clearly and concisely in writing.
The purpose of the final stage of training is to study effective advocacy campaigns in the field of anti-corruption, in particular to advise program participants about:
1. Planning, organizing an effective advocacy campaign;
2. What advocacy tools are the best;
7. How to effectively communicate with the media, organize coalitions, etc.
The training will be completed by the final conference in early August, where participants will present their anti-corruption projects that were implemented during the training.
Deadline for submission of applications: February 10, 2018, 23:59 (Kyiv time).
The organizers will inform the candidates of the results of the selection by: February 15, 2018
The organizers will provide participants with accommodation, meals (coffee breaks and lunch).
“Anticorruption Activist Toolkit” program is implemented within the framework of the “Join In Action!” Program, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Pact in Ukraine. The content of the program is the responsibility of Pact and its partners and does not necessarily reflect the views of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) or the US Government.